"Reboot" on most SmartPhones cannot be done by just turning it off and back on again. What needs to be done is a "Soft Reset". It usually means taking a pin, paper clip, pen or stylus and pushing a recessed button on either the back, side or under the battery cover on the phone. This is equivalent to a computer being restarted and loads any changes made to the device into memory. This should not be confused with a "hard reset" which can erase everything from the device. Please refer to the user manual of your device for details on performing a "Soft Reset".
Articles in this section
- How does SmartPlug know if the number I am calling is long distance number?
- How do you reboot a SmartPhone? (Also known as a Soft Reset)
- What number does it show when my call is being connected by SmartPlug?
- What prompts alert me that when I am using the SmartPlug software I am being connected to TEL3?
- How do you uninstall the SmartPlug software?
- How do I download the SmartPlug software?
- My phone is not listed in your compatibility list; will I be able to use SmartPlug?
- How do I know if my cell phone is compatible?
- What is SmartPlug?